Every company has its own “social status”. Some companies are wealthy in net worth, employees, and years in the business industry. However, countless companies are starting to rise as every business starts small. What matters is the way the company grows side by side with the people in it.
Working for a large company can be impressive, and you expect good pay when it’s payday, given that you are working for a well-known company. However, large companies can have a lot of issues. You don’t even know all the names of your coworkers.
Here are some differences between small and large companies:
- Getting the job in small companies are not like what you expect when you apply for the big shot companies. Getting hired in a small business can be comfortable, unlike big companies that require many interviews before you get the job that you aspire.
- Big companies can be very bureaucratic. There are plenty of problems to encounter before you get something done, and it can be stressful. On the other hand, small businesses are less bureaucratic and less complicated. You can enjoy the company of your coworkers, and at the same time, you can appreciate what you are doing. Getting it done with less hassle.
- In a big business, you can’t consider your workmates as a family because you won’t have the opportunity to bond and make memories due to loads of work. In small businesses, bonding with your workmates is made easier. You get to make memories every day and can consider them as a family.
- In a small business, you can have the opportunity to be exposed to different job functions. However, in big companies, you have to excel in where you are assigned right now to be noticed by the boss and to get promoted.
- Small businesses can be very flexible and most small companies can create fewer rules. These small companies know that they can’t provide you with everything a big company can, so they give ways to make your job much more manageable and eventually making your career the most convenient position you can ever find.
- We all know that big companies offer significant opportunities. However, it takes a lot of time to achieve it. In a small business, you can have the chance to grow with it. A small company can ultimately become a large enterprise in the future with the right people and the attitude of each and every member.
- A big company aims to please large shareholders. On the other hand, small companies can have different goals. What’s interesting about small companies is that they prioritise what matters most and that would be the people working for them, social benefits, and environmental benefits.
Working with small companies can be very fulfilling and rewarding. These small companies like Kala Digital are entirely proactive, and they have a genuine care for their employees because they believe that treating coworkers as a family is the best thing you can achieve.